Blurbs By Zet

An outlet for frustration, bursts of love, and outright crazyness!

Thursday, June 27, 2002

i think the whole G8 protests were grossly overrated. much like Y2K (like cal said, the biggest non-event in history), not much happened with the protests. my coworkers witnessed some vandalism, which was somewhat funny - they said they could spot them in a lineup, but only from 11 floors up. : ) we also wanted to protest against the protesters, and do things like advocate sweatshops...."tiny hands make great stitches" would be our motto....however, my hands being how they are, i was quickly ousted from this plan.

my boss was incredibly nice and let me off an hour early, since there wasn't anything happening at work. i went and met up with josh at lincoln fields, where chung and ben picked us up. we waited for denise, and then headed off to meet everyone else (cal, ivan, sonja, tiz, and andy). we ended up going to local heroes for calamari, wings, ribs, and pizza...mmm.... after that, some ppl left, but most of us stuck around and went to midway! had to stop by my house to grab chung's wallet, and then picked up cecilia on the way to midway. we had oodles of fun creating a ruckus! josh and i beat each other once in air hockey, but i have to admit that josh is pretty good...worthwhile competition, anyway! played a few games of daytona, where the G1's represented well and proved to be better drivers than people with any other licenses (high 5, josh!). the 8 of us (ben, josh, chung, tiz, sonja, cecilia, denise and me) went for a round of bumper cars, which was très fun! the kanata's had to leave early (doh) but the rest of us had fun playing rotating-in air hockey, mini-putt, and tossing the balls into the garbage can. props for best shot of the night goes to ben for managing to time his shot so that the lid slammed shut ON the ball. the closing announcement came "will the 6 chinese people please leave??" LoL...... and we all went home. well, my home. we bummed around a little more by taking crazy pictures outside the house. many pictures of dismembered body parts turned out eerily well. the things you can do with a digital camera (and touch up with photoshop). my favourites are the of seemingly floating heads, me floating in the air, and me holding chung's (severed) arm.

and such was tiz's stay in ottawa. the song below has been somewhat altered...

All his bags are packed, he's ready to go
he's standing here outside my door
He hates to wake me up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn
The boys are waiting, they're blowin' the horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could cry.

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go.
You're leavin' on a jet plane
I don't know when you'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to let you go.


There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, I'll think of you
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
When you come back, we'll eat chicken wings

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me kiss you
Then close your eyes, I'll be on my way.
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to be alone
About the times, I won't have to say...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home