I find that the subject of much blogging, angst, and gossip these days is dating. I was going to blog about this the other day, but I think I got too excited about the movie thing and postponed my thoughts on dating.
So on one hand, I have a friend who’s all giddy about this girl because they’re giving up all aspects of any potential relationship to God. Very cool, I can dig that. On the other hand, I have a friend who’s in a tangled web of a love-square, and he’s backing out because it’s the honourable thing to do. I can dig that too, although it’s making him feel like crap. And on yet another hand (I have enough fingers to spare to make three hands), I have another friend who really likes this girl (who probably likes him back) and cares about her so much but it’s one of those “I don’t want to ruin the friendship” type deals. He’d like to date her, but he’s not sure if now is a good time and he’s willing to wait as long as he has to (even though it’s driving him nuts in the meantime). I dig.
And on the other side of the fence, you read about couples like Angelina and Billy Bob filing for divorce. I dig not.
So with all the hubbub, I’ve been thinking a lot about relationships lately. Yeah, I read the “break-up book” a few years ago, and back then, it actually applied to my life. I’d like to think that now I have fairly good ideas about what I want out of a relationship. I think everyone knows criteria #1, so let’s skip that cuz it’s already a given. Ah, what I look for in a guy. Well, for about a year now, I’ve been figuring that I want someone who will either support me in what I do or be right there doing the same thing with me. I have an idea of what I want to be doing with my life, and whoever I end up with is gonna have to be down with that. Right now it’s all about, “if I’m gonna do this again, I’m gonna do it right.” We shall see where this takes me....I have a zillion thoughts on this, but I'm getting sleepy and if you wanna hear all of zet's opinions on this, just ask. You'll prolly get more than you bargained for. : )
Poopy is going to Toronto tomorrow. He's borrowing my phone. I'm having anxiety about this already. I didn't want to lend it to him, but neither he nor Fred has a cell phone, and in case they get stuck on the road or something. Poopy can barely make local phone calls using that thing, but I had to explain every little detail about the long-d thing and I even had to tell him how to lock it. He had to write it down, because he didn't seem to quite get the concept that when you lock it, "menu+star"....yeah, the STAR button....like the one that's on EVERY touchtone phone. YES, the one at the bottom, next to the ZERO!! And to unlock it, press the SAME button that now says UNLOCK and when it says to press STAR, press STAR!! grrr... I hate not having my phone. I feel empy without it. Like Tommy said, it's like forgetting your wallet. I'm SO afraid he's gonna break it or something.... uggggh.. Anyway, off to bed...it'll be hard to sleep knowing that half my life is being entrusted with someone who doesn't know how to use it......my phone numbers aren't backed up.... *freaking out*
So on one hand, I have a friend who’s all giddy about this girl because they’re giving up all aspects of any potential relationship to God. Very cool, I can dig that. On the other hand, I have a friend who’s in a tangled web of a love-square, and he’s backing out because it’s the honourable thing to do. I can dig that too, although it’s making him feel like crap. And on yet another hand (I have enough fingers to spare to make three hands), I have another friend who really likes this girl (who probably likes him back) and cares about her so much but it’s one of those “I don’t want to ruin the friendship” type deals. He’d like to date her, but he’s not sure if now is a good time and he’s willing to wait as long as he has to (even though it’s driving him nuts in the meantime). I dig.
And on the other side of the fence, you read about couples like Angelina and Billy Bob filing for divorce. I dig not.
So with all the hubbub, I’ve been thinking a lot about relationships lately. Yeah, I read the “break-up book” a few years ago, and back then, it actually applied to my life. I’d like to think that now I have fairly good ideas about what I want out of a relationship. I think everyone knows criteria #1, so let’s skip that cuz it’s already a given. Ah, what I look for in a guy. Well, for about a year now, I’ve been figuring that I want someone who will either support me in what I do or be right there doing the same thing with me. I have an idea of what I want to be doing with my life, and whoever I end up with is gonna have to be down with that. Right now it’s all about, “if I’m gonna do this again, I’m gonna do it right.” We shall see where this takes me....I have a zillion thoughts on this, but I'm getting sleepy and if you wanna hear all of zet's opinions on this, just ask. You'll prolly get more than you bargained for. : )
Poopy is going to Toronto tomorrow. He's borrowing my phone. I'm having anxiety about this already. I didn't want to lend it to him, but neither he nor Fred has a cell phone, and in case they get stuck on the road or something. Poopy can barely make local phone calls using that thing, but I had to explain every little detail about the long-d thing and I even had to tell him how to lock it. He had to write it down, because he didn't seem to quite get the concept that when you lock it, "menu+star"....yeah, the STAR button....like the one that's on EVERY touchtone phone. YES, the one at the bottom, next to the ZERO!! And to unlock it, press the SAME button that now says UNLOCK and when it says to press STAR, press STAR!! grrr... I hate not having my phone. I feel empy without it. Like Tommy said, it's like forgetting your wallet. I'm SO afraid he's gonna break it or something.... uggggh.. Anyway, off to bed...it'll be hard to sleep knowing that half my life is being entrusted with someone who doesn't know how to use it......my phone numbers aren't backed up.... *freaking out*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home