Blurbs By Zet

An outlet for frustration, bursts of love, and outright crazyness!

Monday, August 23, 2004

Wow, what a weekend! Friday night we played ultimate, and turns out there were no girl subs. I played so hard in the first three points (even scoring a point and nearly scoring another), that I started to get light-headed by point #4, so I had to play lazy for the rest of the game to conserve energy. Us ladies ended up playing a full 24 points in a losing cause (11-13). I knew I'd be paying for torturing my body like that.

Saturday morning I woke up and as I rolled over to turn on the lights, my back spazzed on me. When I got out of bed, my leg spazzed on me. And as I got into the car, my arm spazzed. Not a very good way to start the day as we headed out to our softball tournament. We lost our first game, then miraculously won our second game, putting us in the B-pool consolation finals. We somehow managed to win that too, so there you have it. We're the best of the worst of the worst. We won t-shirts to prove this. We went home early to shower, chill out, and rest before our big day on Sunday. We were going to watch some more 24, but couldn't find the dvd's, so we just ended up sleeping - at 9:30pm.

Sunday we woke up again, and I was still a bit sore. We made it out to UPI for our ultimate tournament. We were seeded 4th in our tier, so our first game was against the top-seeded team. We played hard and played well, and managed to beat them thanks to the hard-cap. That put us in the tier finals, and I think we used up all our great skills in the second game cuz we got put down handily. It was a combination of a lot of little things, like the fact that the wind picked up, and people started dropping from injuries. I myself had my shin splints act up and found it very painful to run. Thankfully we have both a med student and a personal trainer on our team, who very kindly massaged away much of the pain. :) In the end, our team comes out 2nd place in Tier 2 Friday. Not too shabby. We then went to celebrate our season with a bbq hosted by the team captains.

Today is Monday and I am very sore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home