Blurbs By Zet

An outlet for frustration, bursts of love, and outright crazyness!

Monday, June 05, 2006

Another week gone by. Saturday afternoon, we hopped in the car and braved the rainy weather out to Lane's cottage. There weren't many people there when we arrived, and everyone was suffering from mild cabin fever from the rain. When the rain let up a bit, the boys went looking for wood to burn. I went to try my luck fishing off the dock. I caught a small rock bass and tossed him back. Later, it took much gasoline to get the wet wood started up, but then we had our bonfire. More and more people started to show up, most of them were strangers to us, and quite late into the night, John and I realized that there would probably be nowhere to sleep. We didn't quite expect like, 30 people to be there! At almost 2am we decided that we were better off going home to sleep, so we left. Turns out at least 3 other ppl slept in their cars rather than in the cottage. We got home at about 4am and just passed out.

Sunday, I finally picked up my mail, and got my contract. I am going to what I think is the second-largest city in Okayama Prefecture (second, of course, to the Prefectural capital of Okayama City). I'll be in Kurashiki city. My base school is called Okayama Prefectural Kurashiki Minami Senior High School, although after looking it up, it might actually be a junior high school. Whatever. I've been told that it has an International Studies special program, as well as an Intensive English program. Woohoo, at least that means the kids might actually WANT to learn English!

And, the best news of all....is that instead of being hired by an individual school, I've been hired by the Okayama Prefectural Board of Education. A BoE is definitely the way to go!! This one is subsidizing my rent by Y30,000/month (about $300 Cdn). How exciting! That'll just about cover my minimum student loan repayments. :(

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home