Blurbs By Zet

An outlet for frustration, bursts of love, and outright crazyness!

Friday, August 18, 2006

Typhoons are fun! ...or hurricanes or cyclones, depending on which part of the world you live in.
There is a typhoon over the ocean south of Japan right now. We're just catching the edge of it, I think. The winds have been howling all morning! I was thinking of going to Hiroshima for the weekend, but we nixed that idea since the weather here looks like crap and Hiroshima is south of us, so for sure the weather is going to be cruddy. We figured, why go all that way just to get shut in and essentially have a slumber party? So we might just have a party at my place! We're going to attempt to make tako-yaki, watch movies, and watch it end with a game of truth or dare. As long as no one tries to dip my finger in warm water...

In any case, my supervisor told me to eat lunch and go home before the winds get any stronger and before the rain comes. Great stuff. I'm going to brave my way home now and hopefully I don't get blown off my bike. Time to put together an emergency kit (for typhoon, earthquake, or otherwise). I'll have to dig up some matches, candles, flashlights, and water. I think I have all but bottled water. We'll see how it goes!

Wish me luck, my first near-experience with a typhoon, and I wouldn't be surprised if I get hit dead-on (unintended pun) with one in the coming month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home