Alright, it's time I updated this thing. My situation wasn't really set in stone, so I really had nothing to blog about for the past month.
I am now teaching again at my old workplace. I had applied to be a LINC coordinator, which would be a bit of a step up. I certainly would've had more hours, in any case. However, my lack of Chinese skills worked against me on this one, and they hired someone with better Chinese. Oh well, I'm happy with teaching, so it wasn't really a huge deal that I didn't get the job. I kind of knew right after my interview that I wasn't going to get it.
We spent the past weekend in Haliburton. Where, you say? Beats me. John's high school friend Dave got married there, and we made the long drive out. I think it took about 3 hours each way. It was a pretty fun time, and it was good to see people that, for the most part, I haven't seen in well over a year.
My step-sister had a baby boy last Friday! Her husband was joking that they were going to name him Stupid. Unfortunately, my step-brother-in-law's last name is So. Imagine going through life with a name like So, Stupid. Anyway, I don't actually know his name yet, but he was just under 6lbs and mom, dad, & baby are all doing fine. He was born a month early, but with fantastic timing - he was born on their 10th wedding anniversary. Hooray, I'm a step-aunt! Now if only I could be an actual aunt...
I am now teaching again at my old workplace. I had applied to be a LINC coordinator, which would be a bit of a step up. I certainly would've had more hours, in any case. However, my lack of Chinese skills worked against me on this one, and they hired someone with better Chinese. Oh well, I'm happy with teaching, so it wasn't really a huge deal that I didn't get the job. I kind of knew right after my interview that I wasn't going to get it.
We spent the past weekend in Haliburton. Where, you say? Beats me. John's high school friend Dave got married there, and we made the long drive out. I think it took about 3 hours each way. It was a pretty fun time, and it was good to see people that, for the most part, I haven't seen in well over a year.
My step-sister had a baby boy last Friday! Her husband was joking that they were going to name him Stupid. Unfortunately, my step-brother-in-law's last name is So. Imagine going through life with a name like So, Stupid. Anyway, I don't actually know his name yet, but he was just under 6lbs and mom, dad, & baby are all doing fine. He was born a month early, but with fantastic timing - he was born on their 10th wedding anniversary. Hooray, I'm a step-aunt! Now if only I could be an actual aunt...

3 Comments:
At September 21, 2007 at 10:32 AM,
Anonymous said…
gee, and i thought "lee" was a fun name to play with! You know, Ug Lee, Ho Lee, Serious Lee... "So" is even more fun! i'm going to tell stuart! he ought to get a kick out of it. i tell him these things so that if he ever complains about his name, i'll remind him that he is relatively lucky ; D
At September 21, 2007 at 4:09 PM,
Suzette said…
My mom's maiden name is Ho, so I always thought it would've been funny if I had a hyphenated last name!
I once thought about hyphenating my name when I get married, but my friend cautioned me against marrying anyone with the last name "King." :(
At September 22, 2007 at 1:12 AM,
Chung said…
ahhh poor kid... i know how he feels.
Post a Comment
<< Home