Well, much like everyone else I know, blogging has fallen by the wayside. Is blogging an obsolete activity these days? Has it taken a backseat to the likes of Facebook? Phooey - I am so anti-Facebook! The way I figure it, if I haven't talked to you in 10 years, I probably don't have anything to say to you now! Taking a look through my yearbook is fun every couple of years or so, but I don't really have any burning desire to re-connect with anyone from high school that I don't already stay in contact with. I barely have time to keep up with everyday friends as it is!
I guess the "working life" really sucks the entertainment out of daily life. John and I both work Mondays to Fridays, and if we're lucky, we have coffee once a week with friends. John's been playing vball with buddies one night a week as well, so it's another chance to hang out. I also still teach on Saturday mornings, so that sucks up a fair bit of time too.
Tomorrow is October 14th, 2008. Voting day for the 40th Canadian parliament. It should be interesting. My incumbent MP is okay, I guess. I don't really feel one way or another about his performance, but I can't say I'm a big fan of the party he reprsents. On the other hand, I think he's going to win anyway. It's a tough voting decision.
And that ties in nicely with my personal pat-me-on-the-back for the week. I've been teaching my students about the elections as a civics lesson. The election was called on pretty short notice, so I had to whip up a lot of my own materials and stuff. Some Carleton journalism students called up and wanted to do a current affairs piece on immigrants learning about the election. Ta-da... my class gets volunteered for yet another media piece (we were recorded for RCI radio, a subsidiary of CBC, for Canada Day). Happy Elections!
I guess the "working life" really sucks the entertainment out of daily life. John and I both work Mondays to Fridays, and if we're lucky, we have coffee once a week with friends. John's been playing vball with buddies one night a week as well, so it's another chance to hang out. I also still teach on Saturday mornings, so that sucks up a fair bit of time too.
Tomorrow is October 14th, 2008. Voting day for the 40th Canadian parliament. It should be interesting. My incumbent MP is okay, I guess. I don't really feel one way or another about his performance, but I can't say I'm a big fan of the party he reprsents. On the other hand, I think he's going to win anyway. It's a tough voting decision.
And that ties in nicely with my personal pat-me-on-the-back for the week. I've been teaching my students about the elections as a civics lesson. The election was called on pretty short notice, so I had to whip up a lot of my own materials and stuff. Some Carleton journalism students called up and wanted to do a current affairs piece on immigrants learning about the election. Ta-da... my class gets volunteered for yet another media piece (we were recorded for RCI radio, a subsidiary of CBC, for Canada Day). Happy Elections!

2 Comments:
At October 25, 2008 at 10:28 AM,
julie said…
That's pretty cool, Suzette! Glad to hear you are doing well :)
At December 10, 2008 at 12:52 AM,
Chung said…
umm... this comment is waaaaay late and i'm pretty sure you won't even see this for awhile longer... hehee... hope things are well with you! i watched that interview clip when you had the link on your msn earlier... pretty neat stuff!
hey, i'm anti-facebook too!!! *HIGH FIVE* although btw, i don't have my blog anymore, so my link on your page now leads to nowhere (not that i've updated since almost 2 years ago now... lol). the only other place that i would update on a more frequent pace is my flickr page. just look up my name for a glance.
anyway if i don't get to talk to you until dec.25, then MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
chung-tuw
Post a Comment
<< Home