Yesterday was Remembrance Day. A solemn day to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for this great country that I am proud to call "home."
The shallow side of me cheers today as well. As a teacher with a goverment-funded program, today is a stat-holiday for me. I get 2 classes off - with pay. Thrilling! It's a 4-day weekend for me, and I'm so giddy I don't know what to do! Actually, I know what to do. I have to lesson plan for the next few weeks, since I have to go to Toronto for the TESL Ontario conference next week and won't have time to plan.
Soon after that, comes Christmas holidays, which may mark the end of my morning class. That's okay, I've already applied for another day job, and hopefully I will find other things with which to fill my time.
Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy my extra day off.
The shallow side of me cheers today as well. As a teacher with a goverment-funded program, today is a stat-holiday for me. I get 2 classes off - with pay. Thrilling! It's a 4-day weekend for me, and I'm so giddy I don't know what to do! Actually, I know what to do. I have to lesson plan for the next few weeks, since I have to go to Toronto for the TESL Ontario conference next week and won't have time to plan.
Soon after that, comes Christmas holidays, which may mark the end of my morning class. That's okay, I've already applied for another day job, and hopefully I will find other things with which to fill my time.
Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy my extra day off.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home