Blurbs By Zet

An outlet for frustration, bursts of love, and outright crazyness!

Monday, August 30, 2004

For those that don't know, my mom got re-married this weekend. It was meant to be a simple ceremony with light refreshment afterwards. Personally I thought some of the decorations were a little over-the-top (I haven't seen that much tulle even at Wal-Mart), but oh well. It was somewhat of a typical wedding, the only minor hiccup being that Uncle couldn't cram the ring on my mom's finger, which drew many giggles from the guests.

So now it's more than official. The hush-hush news from a few weeks ago is totally out in the open: My sister is engaged! She is getting married to Chris on July 30, 2005 in Vancouver. John and I will have to high-tail it back to Ottawa to make it back in time for his sister's wedding exactly one week after that! It's all good, for a while there we were afraid we'd have to split up and be in different parts of the country for the weddings...and dateless, at that! In any case, I'm very excited for my sister's wedding. The next year will go by in a flash!

Those two announcements are rather big and all-ecompassing, so everything else from this weekend seems irrelevant. One wedding down, one to go - and don't expect any more from my family any time soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home